Friday, July 1, 2016

Day 35 of the 2016 season: Early soft session at the Cannary on Sleeping Bear Bay


Whitecaps in Sleeping Bear Bay



Forecast was right on with NW winds 15-25 early and then tapering off by noon, to bad I got a late start, I missed the best winds earlier. By the time I got out it was a  marginally session should of rigged my 13M and it would of been better. I missed a lot of clean wave action on the inside - beautiful clean waves on the inside that is - but not enough wind to play in most of the time when I was inside

TOW:  10:00 - 11:30
Gear: 11M and TT
Water Conditions:  2-4 foot swells with clean waves on the inside
Weather:   lower 60s, mostly sunny
Wind: NW peaking near 20 and slowing dying off
Highlight: Beautiful clean waves on the inside - but not enough wind to play in

Launch area



No comments: