Sunday, July 17, 2016

Day 38 of the 2016 season: Metrobeach near Epic conditions

A Sunday with sun, heat, wind and time for a near epic Metrobeach session.
I joined the crowd of about 15-20 kiters and up to 6 Windsurfers. A near epic day with steadily building winds from the south all day long. I couldn't outlast the wind, edging hard in the 30+ mph wind took a toll on my strength. It blew well into sunset. Great boosting day even tried a 360 in the air, ending with the kite crashing. Still need a lot of practice on this one. Got some record height on the 180 ollies.
Only regret is I didn't bring my windsurfing gear.
Best session in quite awhile!


TOW:  TOW 3:30 - 7:00 a non-stop, solid 3.5 hours session
Gear:  11M and TT
Water Conditions: choppy - vessel chop
Weather: Sunny mid-80s
Wind:  a solid steady build peaking over 35 mph by 5:30
Highlight: near epic conditions for Metrobeach


The kind of chart you love to ride

No comments: