Sunday, October 27, 2019

Session 63 of the 2019 season: Kitesurfing Harsens Island, solid 7M for 45 minutes

12:42 PM on Sunday, October 27, 2019
Kitesurfing Harsens Island, solid 7M for 45 minutes.
Gusting probably to 35-40 mph when I arrived. Keith getting his fill on a 9M, whoa!
This wasn’t in the forecast...waiting it out for a few and then rigging my 7M.
Launched in the slippery mud pit. Once on the water the 7M was perfect for me.
In fact it was surprisingly steady for the entire session. Gradually the wind was dwindling and after 45 minutes it wasn’t 7M any more.
Came in and was gonna rig the 9M but the wind speed crashed to 12M conditions and kept dropping from there. Oh well at least I got some decent TOW.
Just Keith and I with Jeff, Larry Windsurfing
Mostly Cloudy day probably near 50 degrees. WSW winds to 30 mph.

Gear: 7M with TT
Wind: Mostly west to 40mph
Weather: Cloudy, near 50 degrees
TOW: 1 hour

No comments: