Thursday, October 17, 2019

Session 60 of the 2019 season: Kitesurf Harsens Island (Not better late then never)

12:51 PM on Thursday, October 17, 2019
Kitesurf Harsens Island (Not better late then never)
Should of, could of arrived earlier.
Got there by noon and it was steady 9M conditions. I saw Craig and Mark at the slicks. The wind direction looked perfect for some slick action.
Hurriedly rig my gear, beelined to the slick with good solid 9M conditions.
Once there I saw Craig and Mark ripping it up. I joined them playing inside but the wind was lighter and holy. Craig signaled he was heading back, the wind had lightened.
I was able to make several runs through the slicks but every time the wind got flukier.
Better head back to the launch before it got to light.
Afterwards Craig mentioned that it was probably the best slick riding he had this year and when I arrived the wind lightened and change direction slightly.
So there you have it, spent most of my time getting upwind to the slicks and riding down wind back. Did have several runs in the slicks to make it worthwhile.
Craig, Tom on 9M, Mark, Keith on 12M.
Mostly sunny, near 50 degrees, NW winds 10-30 mph.

Gear:  9M with TT
Winds:
  NW 10-30 and dropping
Weather: 
Mostly sunny, near 50 degrees
TOW:
1:15


No comments: