Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Day 53 of the 2016 season: Caseville yawner

Joined up with Craig for a spur of moment decision to do a rode trip to Caseville.
A two hour drive only to be greeted by a SSW breeze of unimpressive speed and direction. Not the best direction for Caseville to work.
Based on the forecast the wind was to clock more westerly with decent speeds throughout the afternoon. 
The 3 of us rigged, Larry, Craig and myself, 12s and 11. I launched first and struggled to get out to the cleaner winds - it actually looked windy enough and the wind speed was reported to be 18 plus mph. Once on the outside it was better but not steady. I played along the breakwall for awhile and then headed upwind following Craig and Larry. Not quite enough wind to make good time upwind for me, so I decided to turn around and do a downwinder back. The ride downwind was probably the best part of the day. I was able to carve on some small swell most of the way back. Eventually the wind dropped so I bee lined it in back to the beach, followed by Craig and Larry soon afterward. That was it, we waited but the wind didn't cooperate so we decided to derig and go out for beers and dinner with Debbie, Larry, Craig and myself.

TOW:    1:00 - 3:00
Gear:     11M and 140 TT
Water Conditions:   Flat to small swell and chop
Weather:   70s and  mostly cloudy
Wind:   SSW to lower 20s



No comments: