Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Day 49 of the 2017 season: Empire beach quickie morning session with big swell conditions


Highlights: It certainly was a challenging launch with the onshore wind and breakers.  I launched and rode beyond the shore break, then I headed north up the coast as far as possible so I could do a carving downwinder.
Very rare conditions for me here at Empire beach rarely do I ride here with an almost on shore WNW wind. Big disorganized swell on the outside and big crashing well defined waves on the inside and the inside started 100 yards out. Very much fun carving the inside breakers, but the opposite direction from what I'm use to.

TOB: 9:00 - 10:30
Gear: 11M Z1 kite and TT
Water conditions: Big shore break due to WNW winds almost onshore winds
Wind: 12-25 WNW almost onshore conditions
Weather:  mostly sunny, low 60s



Rarely do I see breakers and sand churned up 100 yards out.

No comments: