Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Day 45 0f the 2017 season: Bliss at Bliss Beach

Forecast wasn't promising but I took the gamble. Chris, on a row of 4 days and Larry being a wind magnet and the fact that I've never been to Bliss Beach. All this led me to drive the 2.5 hours one way.

Beauty of a venue



TOB:  11:00-1:00 and 2:00-4:00
Gear: 11M Z1 with TT
Water conditions: 2-4 foot SW swell
Wind: up to 25 from SW my estimate
Weather:  mostly sunny mid 70s
Highlights: Great venue, side shore easy launch, (although beach is tiny). Took an upwind run to the pointe break, played in some small swell there and an added bonus - a slick on the lee side of pointe. Did 2 Point runs, number 2 was lighter winds with a less swell and the slick wasn't as good.
Classic day at secret spot, with Chris's family, the Rustofers, 4 other kiters and 6 windsurfers.
Chris on his 9 with his strapless, Larry foil boarding on his 9, Debbie on her strapped board with her 9, me on my 11 and TT. Nearly 4 hours With 2 trips to the point break and a bonus slick on the lee side of he point..

No comments: