Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Day 48 of the 2017 season: Sleeping bear point, the forecast didnt materized, it finally did after I left



TOB:  1:00 - 2:00 short session
Gear: 11M Z1 kite and TT
Water conditions: 
Wind: 12-25 NW switching to west
Weather:  mostly sunny mid-60s
Highlight: One of those days I've been waiting for a long time. NW winds at Sleeping Bear Point generally produce perfect, clean 3-4 footers. Rigged and launched slightly east of the point where the perfect setup for wind direction and riding waves are. Played for a few in the waves there then I decided to head up wind to the pointe. On my way there the wind switched to west and things got messy, wave and wind direction wise. So headed back to launch area thinking I could play in the perfect conditions there, well the west wind was shadowed by the dunes and that produced fluky conditions. Ended up being a short session...got a message later from Pete that it did pick back up from the NW.
Note: Need a northwest for this launch to work...I'll get it next time.

.

No comments: