Monday, June 20, 2016

Day 30 of the 2016 season: Windsurfing: Near Epic conditions with a once a year day

Summer Solstice session - I planned on a long day of windsurfing and kiteboarding.
Session ending foot caught in the foot strap incident. Resulted in a twisting of the left foot and knee beyond my limits and the results were stretched interior ligaments. My guess that is - rest, ice and anti-inflammatory medication and we'll see how that works.
Hated to miss the rest of that one epic day a year but I didn't want to make it worst so I'm playing it smart, (for once). I must rest and heal in time for the next sessions.




Near EPIC Metro Beach Conditions





TOW:  10:30-12:45
Gear:  5.7 100 liter RRD FSW board
Water Conditions: actually some nice chop hopping swell on the outside and the jibeatorium in the bowl was lite up with flat water and steady winds
Weather:  90 plus air temp water 70s, hot sun
Wind:  pretty solid WSW 20-30 for most of the time I was out
Highlight:  adrenal glands working OT - I needed a good shot of this
Schooled:  windsurfing is fun although more physically demanding then kiteboarding


Taking an ice break



No comments: