Monday, June 1, 2015

Day 41 0f the 2015 season: Welcome to June - still Kiteboarding in drysuits

After missing Sunday's session with it's big winds, 45 degree temperatures, rainy and thick overcast skies, no bad feelings on my part. I Actually I took a rain check as others took to the water in Caseville, Hoye's and Lexington.
Blow out gale conditions up in the thumb for Keith and Chris, while 9M kiting at Lexington for Craig.
My make up day for me was Monday. Conditions were more sane on Monday at Lexington. The forecast called for 10-20 from the north and that's exactly what Craig and I had from 3:30-600.
Somewhat gusty/punchy on the inside of the breakwall and steadier beyond the wall.
Took a trip upwind to the other side of the breakwall where the swells and wind felt steadier.
Very cold water conditions, an early crash left me with a ice cream headache for most of the session. Had to be near 40 degree water temperature.
Dinner and beers at Steis's Village Inn - great pizza. http://www.steissinn.com/
Overall a great day, well worth the drive for this first session of the year at on of my favorite spots.




TOW:   Kited from 3:45 - 6:00
Gear:   11M and 140 Mako 
Water Conditions:   Fairly flat on the inside with 2-4
footers on the outside
Weather:    50ish, mostly cloudy
Wind: Up to 25MPH mainly from the north
Highlight: Love the flat water on the inside
Schooled:  Still working the boosts



Just Craig and I taking advantage of this lonely beach on a cold June day

No comments: