Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Day 54 of the 2014 season: Another lite up session at Harsens Island

Met up with Keith and Craig - all of us on 9M kites and our Mako boards.
My first and only session from 11:30-1:30 was fun. although not the ideal wind direction but still plenty of fun for all. Worked my way up to the channel. Once there I had perfect rippled flat water on the leeward side of the weeds feet from the shore line. I tried a few speed runs, it was so smooth with the flat water and howling winds, I took several runs and created a new speed record for myself for on the water Kiteboarding. Even did some waterskiing slalom course runs.
After that I carved my way back in some tiny waves and called it a day
Several others arrived by 1:30 all rigged they headed to the channel and beyond.
Keith and Craig took on another session as I derigged and dragged my tired body home.
Excellent day, I was toasty warm with dry suit, gloves, hood and helmet.

LSC Buoy Data 10-21-14


Highlight of the day:  Speed runs on rippled water at middle channel - All time water kiteboard record set 27.15 MPH.
TOW:  2.00 hours
Gear:  9M 140 board
Water Conditions:  Small waves to flat water ripple
Weather:  Cloudy, upper 40s air and lower 50s water
Wind:  Generally NNE to 30 - some gustiness near the leeward side
Schooled:  Load and pop feast, High speed runs and plenty of carving



Harsens 10/22/14
MAX SPEED 27.15 mph
AVERAGE SPEED 14.30 mph
DISTANCE 20.41 miles

 

No comments: