Saturday, October 4, 2014

Day 49 of the 2014 season: Quickie kite session at Metro Beach - should I go or should I stay

Debating, should I go or should I stay. Once I saw the hail and grapple warning I decided to wait the radar out. Once the storms passed I headed to the beach.
Light winds had most people grounded by my arrival time at 2:30.
The sun then came out it and it looked like the day was done for wind. Hung out for awhile and the wind spiked up and people started to scramble to head back out. I decided to rig the 9M kite since my windsurfing muscles were sore.
Once on the water the wind spiked up more to 30 MPH plus. So I just held on and waited for the punchy winds to lighten up. Eventually winds were to punchy, gusty and  fluky and it wasn't worth the effort.. Came in and called it a day.
It was good to see a lot of windsurfers on the water - perhaps I should have gone 4.5 windsurfing instead...

 
 
 
Highlight of the day:  Not much, mowed the lawn in way overpowered conditions
TOW:   1 plus hour (3:30 - 4:45)
Gear:   9M 140 Mako
Water Conditions:  Typical LCS chop
Weather:     50 degrees, partly sunny
Wind:  10-30 mph from WSW
Schooled:   Overpowered on the 9 meter

No comments: