Sunday, January 20, 2019

Session 5 of the 2019 season: Whoa!....A 7 Meter kite session in Florida

With high end small craft warnings in place this day, a rarity for me in Florida. Cool temperatures, partly sunny skies and winds from the NW 20-35 mph. I rigged the 7M at the causeway and on the water by 1:30. Gusty conditions at times, a lot of kiters were boosting and then dropping like rocks including myself. I kited fairly conservative being too windy at times and than having to work the kite seconds later. Two hours of non-stop action until the wind got gustier and below my 7M threshold.
About a dozen kiters with kite sizes ranging from 7-10M sized kites.
I counted 6 Windsurfers with 4.5-5.0 sail sizes

Gear: 7M Naish with TT Mako board   
TOB:   1:30-3:30
Winds: 20-35 mph from the NW
Weather:  Partly sunny, mid-60s
Surface:  surprisingly, 2-4 foot chop








No comments: