Monday, December 19, 2016

Day 80 of the 2016 season: Lil' Glen Lake, my definition of extreme snowkiting


My definition of extreme snow-kiting

My definition of extreme snow-kiting.
Fierce winds to 40 plus, snow devils, and mid-teens made it an interesting snowkite sesh on Little Glen Lake. Met Pete who just got done kiting with his 12M.....whoa......How did he survive? 
I'm glad I rigged my 6.5. At times I was fully depowered and doing survival mode kiting.
Overall a quickie fun sesh with good snow cover, up to a foot of wind blown packed powder.
Was able to do some straight downwind runs carving turns, just like downhill snowboarding.


TOB: 2:00-3:00
Gear:  6.5M LF kite and Burton Hero board
Water Conditions:  (snow conditions) wind blown pack powder
Weather: mid -teens and some sun
Wind: 20-40 mph SE to S, not enough fetch from that direction to smooth out the gustiness
Highlights: Glad I rig 6.5, nice powder conditions with fierce winds

No comments: