Sunday, November 13, 2016

Day 74 of the 2016 season: Caseville, near epic conditions!



What a day!  With near epic conditions for me.
Upon arrival we found Chris taking a break in the parking lot and saying conditions were not as expected, with plenty of holes and massive gusts.
Craig an I rigged our 9s to match Chris's 9 and by the time I launched and took my first tack I was saying I could be on my 6.5. I held on over powered for the first hour hoping for the wind to drop a tad. Finally it felt like it did drop but still I was at the end of my depower line the entire session.
Stayed mostly on lee side of breakwall where cleaner swells and the slicks were.
Fun jumping, slashing, carving and the slick was fabulous. A fun day where the 4 hours of drive time paid good feeling dividends.
Craig, Chris, Pablo, myself and 2 other kiters enjoying the conditions.

Caseville wind data 20-35 mph





TOW:    1:45-4:30
Gear:  9M Z kite and TT board
Water Conditions:  flat water slicks, some knee hip high clean swell and ugly LSC style chop outside and upwind of breakwall
Weather:   50ish degree air with bluebird skies
Wind:  Mainly SW 20-35 mph. Some holes, some gustiness
Highlights: a near epic day with plenty of wind to do whatever my capabilities allowed




TRACK Caseville 11/13
MAX SPEED  23.44 mph
AVERAGE SPEED 12.69 mph
SKI DISTANCE  33.84 miles


TRACK Caseville 11/13
MAX SPEED  23.44 mph
AVERAGE SPEED 12.69 mph
SKI DISTANCE  33.84 miles









No comments: