Monday, October 24, 2016

Day 67 of the 2016 season: Harsens Island - Near epic action at the slicks (First use of Pataginia Kite Suit)

Got a late start, helping Mike launch and adjusting my new Patagonia dry suit.
Once on the water I found holey conditions with trouble gaining ground to head to the slick.
Mark and Craig were there already. I headed way out of the bay into the open water to find steadier winds, but still it was hard heading upwind for some reason. Finally after a half hour plus I got to the middle channel. Jerry arrived at the slick the same time I did, hmmm... and he started well after I started.

I found some Epic conditions there. The wind appeared to be from the NNW and I was able to go deep into the middle channel to some of the smoothest slick conditions I ever had.

The four of us were stoked with those conditions, eventually Mark headed back and after that Jerry headed back...not sure why they headed back?
Craig and I enjoyed the easy, pleasy conditions, jumping, boosting and ollies.
After awhile Craig headed back so I enjoyed another few runs through the slick before I noticed the wind was slacking off. Headed back to the launch with the light winds and called it a day.
Loved the new kite suit  - bone dry afterwards.

Slick Paradise


TOW:  12:00-2:30
Gear:    11M Z1 and TT
Water Conditions: Kited mainly at the middle channel slick
Weather: partly sunny 50ish degrees
Wind:  from 10-25mph, generally out of the NNW
Highlights: the slick was awesome







No comments: