Saturday, October 8, 2016

Day 61 of the 2016 season: A new venue and I love it - Platte River

Needed a good launch for the westerly winds. I remembered this place from my windsurfing days, and a good place it is. After parking it's a short walk to the beach launch, plenty of beach for rigging and launching. Kited with 3 locals on 13.5M, 12M and a 10M. Enjoyed the shallow, no breakers crashing on you as you try to launch - launch site. I would say almost slick type of conditions on the inside. Outside I had waist high clean waves at the second sandbar.
A quickie, exploratory 11 M Z1 session -  due to the winds dropping.
First sub 48 degree session this fall wore all the rubber and was toasty warm.



TOW: 12:30-1:30
Gear:   11M Z1 and TT
Water Conditions: inside sandbar was practically a slick. Outside sandbar had some nice waist high breakers
Weather: upper 40s, mostly cloudy
Wind:  WNW winds 25 down to 15
Highlights: Excellent venue for W to NW winds - I'll be back here for sure


No comments: