Sunday, October 11, 2015

Day 77 of the 2015 season: Caseville, not what I expected, practically flat water.....

Not what I expected at Caseville with the forecast calling for strong SW winds.
When I arrived it was mainly flat water with 9M conditions according to Larry.
He was on his 9M, Justin on a 9M and Joe on a 14M.
Rigged my 9M and launched from the beach in shadowy winds. Once out 100 yards there was plenty of wind up high to ride the 9M. I headed to the breakwall where the wind was better yet. Played in the super flat water with the wind up high for the complete 2 hours, carving, jumping and drifting rides downwind, excellent conditions for the 9M kite. Maybe worth the 4.5 hours drive time. From reports it was better than Metro Beach was.

Gear:   9M Z kite with140 TT
TOW:  12:30 - 2:30
Water Conditions:   Not what I expected - flat water was the rule
Weather: sunny near mid-60s
Wind:   Wind was off the water, Mainly SW winds with gusts to 30 mph up high
Highlight: slick at the break wall

No comments: