Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Day 36 of the 2015 season: Another Tuesday at Harsens - The Channel Slicks were awsome!




This season is dedicated to John Z. R.I.P. May 18, 2015
 


Awesome day at the channel slicks, made one trip up to the slick and spent an hour playing.
Nice flat butter smooth conditions, all to myself until Craig finally joined in.

Wind showed up late but we didn't give up we waited and it paid off. The wind finally arriving by 2:30. 11M was ready to go and by 3:00 it was finally kitable with some holiness conditions.
Worked my way upwind to the slick in variable winds - almost gave up due to the wind dropping thus losing ground. Finally made it to the shallower flat water and then I was able to edge harder and gain back ground lost ground. Such good conditions at the slick that I was able to keep my position carving with out losing ground, actually doing figure eights with longer tacks.
The ride back to the launch was one of the most pleasurable downwinders I've ever had.

TOW:   2:30 - 5:30 (3 hours)
Gear:   11M and 140 Mako
Water Conditions:   lighter then normal chop with flat channel slicks
Weather:    Mid-50s mostly cloudy
Wind:  Moderate NW to 25
Highlight:  The channel slicks water ski conditions!
Schooled:  The channel slick carves



Mitchell's Bay wind data

No comments: