Saturday, February 28, 2015

Day 18 of the 2015 season: Snowkite at Milner Beach another surprise session - Wishing for some freshies


Closing out February with a surprise quickie session. Had to alter some plans after I realized it was windy out. I didn't have my phone with me so I didn't realized I was getting wind alerts. Caught me off guard... that's a first.
I got out by 3 and by 4:30 was back in due to previous plans. Rare SE winds to 20 made for easy riding although hard pack conditions made it a workout.
Craig joined in about 4 and got in his mandatory hour. Overall not to bad just wishing for some fresh snow.




Highlight: Again another quickie surprise session.
Didn't expect this and the forecast
didn't forecast it 
TOW:  Small window of opportunity - 1.15 hours (3:00-4:15)
Gear:  11M 
Water Conditions: Areas of  blown powder on top of an older crusty base
Weather:   16 degrees, bluebird
Wind:  Rare SE winds up to 20 MPH - decent winds - enough to do it all
Schooled:   My Favorite - Parking the kite while doing downwind runs.





Bluebird day

Milner Beach 2-28-2015
Max Speed: 18.4 MPH
Distance: 10.8 MI
Duration: 1:17 hour

No comments: