Thursday, February 26, 2015

Day 17 of the 2015 season: Snowkite - Milner surprise session with mostly crusty conditions



                                                         
Surprise session, with a forecast of 5-15 from the north I didn't expect much. I didn't see anything happening until 2 o'clock . That's when I got a wind alert from SCS Harbor saying the wind cracked 15 mph from the northeast - perfect, so I thought. First off, I got a 2:30 dental appointment to finish off.
Got done with that and by 3:15 I was walking to the Milner launch about 100 yards out on the lake. Rigged the 11M and launched at 3:54. Good winds until about 5:15, that's when Craig the wind killer arrived.




Highlight: Surprise session - didn't expect this and the forecast didn't forecast it 
TOW:  1.15 hours (4:00-5:15)
Gear:  11M 
Water Conditions: Untouched areas of lite blown powder on top of an older crusty base
Weather:   10 degrees, mostly clear
Wind:  Gusty up to 20 MPH from the N- NNE - decent winds - enough to do it all
Schooled:   My Favorite - Parking the kite while doing downwind runs. See video clip




Milner 2/26/15
MAX SPEED: 16.99 mph
SKI AVERAGE SPEEP: 9.78 mph
SKI DISTANCE: 10.39 miles
TOW: 1:20 hour (4:00-5:15)

No comments: