Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Spur of the moment decsion

Tuesday 11/6/2013
Day 42 of the 2013 season
Metro Beach Kite session

Forecast looked promising with 55 degrees a 10-20 SW wind forecasted and cloudy with 100% change of rain.
Got some text chatter from Keith at noon, he's on his 12 meter, weather talker saying 11 - 15 might be doable. It's not raining it's 55 degrees I think I'll go kiting.
Got to Metro Beach at 12:30 rigged my 11 meter at the beach and was on the water by 1:00.
Kited in steady SW winds which were slowly and steadily ramping upward. I was feeling comfortable kiting back and forth along the beach even took one tack down to official launch site.
Feeling good with goofy side slide turns even got up a few feet in the air with control.
About 2:00 winds picked to where I was completely depower feeling a little uncomfortable I made my way in, no need to be overpowered and ruin a perfectly good session.

Highlight of the day  - very comfortable although a quickie session with no major incidents to report.

Sail Time:  From 1:00 - 2:15
Gear:  11 meter
Conditions: Choppy Metro Beach water conditions
Weather:  Cloudy with heavy rain toward the end of the session, Water comfortable with dry suit/gloves, water 50 air 50s.
Wind: 30+ at peak
Schooled: Goofy foot slide on the verge carving some turns.
Images: MB Wind data for the day
 
 
 

No comments: