Monday, September 16, 2013

Lexington for the early birds


Day 31 of the 2013 season
Lexington 9/16/2013 Monday

Again the forecast look promising. I arrived to lite winds on the inside and the local flag swapping directions from NNW to NE.
Jerry was out on a 6.0 so a 5.5 should be sufficient for me, rigged it with my 100 liter board and headed out. Lite winds on the inside but once past the jetty the gusty winds picked up from the north. Although not steady but at least planning. Some nice jumping swell on the way out and then some nice smooth swell on the way in. 
Came in took a break, got warmed up and then went out on my smaller gear 5.0 with the 85 board,  this is my favorite setup for big lake sailing.
Wind on the water lightened up around 3-3:30 so that was it for windsurfing, Others kited, I couldn't get rid of my shivers so I called it a day.
Highlight of the day  - smooth rollers near the jetty.


 Sail Time:  Lexington, 11:30 - 4:00. 3.5 hours of sailing
Windsurf Gear: 5.5 with 100 liter RRD and 5.0 with 85 liter
Conditions:  Swirly inside conditions, decent 5.5/5.0 conditions on the outside with fun swell to jump and smooth waves on the ride in.
Weather:  P/Cloudy, air 50s water 70s
Wind: N-NW to 5-30 mph
Schooled:  Fun riding the swell
  

No comments: