Thursday, July 25, 2013

Energetic Session at Crystal Lake


Day 23 of the 2013 season
That's 4 for 7

A disappointing day at Empire beach with whitecaps and the wind blowing 18 plus from the SW good enough for the 5.5. Problem was the beach was so crowded at mid-day that parking was impossible.
Since it was a pack up and head back home day it’ll have to do.
All packed up and ready to go I decided to take the route that goes by Crystal Lake.
Forecast called for 10 – 20 from the SW and it was above that when I left Empire.
At Crystal Lake I drove by the favorite launch spots on the south side of the lake. Saw the lake was definitely white capping so I stop in at the White Street launch and saw Al ripping along.
After talking to Al I rigged the 6.0 on the 100 liter board launched at 4:30 and sailed non-stop until 6:30. Some decent ripping with some nice jumping swell outside.
Al, like me likes to practice different moves so it was fun watching him and trying my moves that I need practice on.
This was a feel good energetic session, it seems like I had more excited energy after the session then before - got to love these sessions.




Sail Time: 2.0 hours from 4:30 – 6:30
Gear: 6.0 with 100 liter board
Conditions:  Jumpable outside, with flat on the inside
Weather:   Sunny, Air 70s water 70s
Wind: SW to 18-25 mph
Schooled: Slashing, jumping, hero jibes, 360s, heli-tacks
Image: The view

No comments: