Wednesday, September 12, 2012

An unlikely day of sailing

9/12/12 Wednesday
Milner Beach, Last week of summer 2012.
An unlikely day of sailing.
The MB weathertalker was a steady 6-10 from SSW but at Milner Beach there were south winds with whitecaps beyond the point.
So I decided to go for it. Launched at 4 with the floater board due to the wind shadow on the inside. The first 50 yards were fluky thus I was lucky I had the floater board. 
Not a bad session I didn't expect much, I was pleasantly surprised. Watching the GoPro footage I
had a 6 minute blast of steady planning with a hero
jibe on the outside and then 3 minutes of steadiness to head back in.
Probably the last day of summer shorty weather. 
This is only the second session of September.
And did I mention the lack of the enemy weeds.... I think they all blew in to the MB launch site.



Sail Time: 1.25 hours from 4:00 - 6:00
Gear: 6.0 with the109 liter RRD FSW board
Conditions: Flat water, side shore to side off.
Weather: Air mid-70s, Bluebird, water mid-70s.
Wind:  S-SSW winds maximum of 17 estimated.
SCS Harbor reported 5-12 and MB reported 6-10.
Schooled: Opposite side heli-tack
Images: Speed on the big board

No comments: