Thursday, September 20, 2012

A quickie late after work session

9/20/12 Thursday, Milner Beach

A quickie late after work session at Milner Beach.
With south winds to 20+ I rigged the 5.5 and put it on the 100 liter.
Slogged out past the point and caught the clean air where I had a quickie 7:00 - 8:00 session.
Finally after about an hour of solid southerlies got chased off the water by darkness I probably sailed a good 45 minutes after the sun set.
An enjoyable session but way to short.
I'm thinking I'll sail here more often with south winds. Less weeds but it is a 50 yard slog to get out.

Sail Time: 1.00 hours from 7:00 - 8:00
Gear: 5.5 with the 100 liter board
Conditions: Flat water inside small organized swell on the outside.
Weather: Air 60s, darkness, water mid-60s.
Wind:  Solid south winds maximum of 25 estimated.
Schooled: Sailing in darkness
Images:  
Video: I wish all jibes were this effortless

No comments: