Thursday, August 11, 2011

It's been awhile and I feel the aches and pains








Wednesday, 8/10/2011, Blue Lagoon.


Finally a cold front came through and the forecast held true. The biggest crowd of the season appeared at the Lagoon. Good to see some folks I haven't seen in a while.



When I arrived a few were in rigging bigger up from their 5.0s rigging to 5.8s.



I rigged the 5.5 with the 101 RRD and got on the water by 3:30. It worked perfectly blasted off from the shore and enjoyed the next 4 hours of non-stop action.



Session: 3:30-7:30



Gear: 5.5 Ezzy, 101 RRD



Conditions: Mostly flat on the inside with unusually small swell outside.
Weather: 75 degrees sunny, water, 75 degrees.
Wind: Estimated to peak of 25 -30 WNW-NW.
Schooled: The downwinder 360. A least 30 tries with my average dropping, some tips from Chris helped as I finally got the wind angle figured out.




Images: St Clair Buoy and mid-360.






No comments: