Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Session 43 of the 2018 season: Kettle Point - first time in years and first time kiting at "KP"


Gear:   13M Z kite TT and Surf board.
TOB:   1st session; lite winds. 2nd session; better,but marginal winds, 3rd session; the wind finally woke up and I had a good 1.5 hours of carving up the waves, good productive session on the surf board and eventually back on the TT.
Winds:  north to northeast nearly on shore 12-30 mph.
Weather:  bluebird skies and mid-70s.  
Surface conditions: flat to small waves to start, with 3-4 foot waves building near the end as winds increased.



Highlights: Fun day with Keith, 12M and Cheryl, 10M. Nice venue, park and rig on the beach shallow water quite a ways out and nice breaking wavettes in the shallows. Quite the crowd and it wasn't even a crowded day. 
3 sessions from 1 o'clock to nearly 7 o'clock. By 7 I think I could of rigged my 9 but I was exhausted with being well powered on my 13M. 
About 15-25 kiters at the peak on the water making it crowded on the inside. Saw kite sizes from 9 to 17.



From 1 o'clock to 7 o'clock - 3 sessions



No comments: