Thursday, April 21, 2016

Day 20 of the 2016 season: Marginal winds most of the time but good enough for 13M Z to work.

The day started out with slowly building south winds. Paul got out on his 17M Turbine around 10. I waited until it picked up a bit more. So by 2 o'clock I was on the water with my 13M in marginal conditions. It remained marginal most of the day. I took a break at 5:0 as it got lighter. It appeared to pick up later so I went back out for some sunset riding. This time it was steadier above marginal conditions.



Gear:
13M Z kite and 140 TT
TOW: 2:00-5:00 and 7:00-8:30
Wind: Mostly marginally SE to S backing to SE. Picked up at 5 to overpowered conditions.
Water: Flat in the near shore slicks and typical chop further out
Weather: Sunny hazy lower 70s
Highlights: Boosting in light winds with the 13M Z kite

No comments: