Monday, January 4, 2016

Day 1 of the 2016 season: Sanibel Causeway 11M day - opening day 2016

A good start to the new year, 2 sessions at the Sanibel Causeway. Both sessions were marginal but still it's nice to get out in some warm mid-60s with some bright semi-tropical sun. Although by the end I was shivering. I haven't done that since the last time I wore my full wetsuit in October.
Hatteras style conditions with many kiters, windsurfers and SUPers.
NNW winds switching to more north as the day wore on. One of those up/down days where I worked hard to  head up wind only to have the wind lull. I could of used a 13M kite today but I don't have one.

Local Crew at the Sanibel Causeway
Kites ranged from 10-19 M and when it lulled nothing worked. Everyone headed in at the same time.
No complaints from me, I enjoyed mowing the lawm with the occasional jump and ollie.
Started 2016 off where 2015 left off - smiling



Wind data from the Sanibel Bouy
TOW: At the beach from 12:00 - 4:30 got 2.5 hours of ride time
Gear: 140 TT and 11 M Z
Weather: Sunny mid-60s
Water: OBX style conditions with water near 70+ degrees
Wind: NNW to estimated 22mph
Highlights: Warm water/air session








No comments: