Thursday, September 17, 2015

Day 68 of the 2015 season: Nearly a repeat at Frankfort

Topping the Frankfort Lighthouse

Carving hard in the harbor
Met up with Jerry and on the water by 11 with the 11M for me and 12M for Jerry.
I rigged the Rally for the light winds, first knot on the inside lines and last knot on the outside.
I did notice a slight difference on the lighter side of the wind and a big difference with the heavy wind, overpowered much sooner then I expected. Where as yesterday with the middle knot rigged I could handle much higher winds.
Jerry was tearing it up, all kinds of jumps, rolls, ollies and other maneuvers I can't  even describe.
We headed to the harbor and rode there for a while until the wind got to be to much for me  - so headed in wanting to rig my 9. As I derigged my 11M and took a lunch break the wind dropped off and was no longer good.
Although it worked perfect for Jerry. Here it was about 2:30 and he had to leave by 3. So he got the maximum out of it from 11:00 - 2:30  just as he planned.
Some board foils went out in the lighter wind and they had them going well. Another group took off for a down winder to Point Betsie just before the wind dropped.
I saw some 8M kiters in the surf earlier and others on 11 to 13M kites throughout the 2.5 hour session.

Frankfort Harbor from the Elberta Dunes




Gear:    11M Rally with 140 TT an
TOW:   11:30 - 2:00
Water Conditions: Smaller 2-4 foot waves starting out and then getting bigger 4-6 feet as wind picked up in the afternoon
Weather:   sunny 70s
Wind:    SSW to 30
Highlight: Met up with Jerry and he did time it perfectly

No comments: