Saturday, August 22, 2015

Day 60 of the 2015 season: Esch Beach Classic Day

Esch Beach,  A Classic Southwest day - windy and warm are the proper ingredients
This is what I love about this area.  A classic southwest day - windy and warm are the proper ingredients to make this type of day happen. Didn't expect this today. The actual wind speed exceeded the forecasted wind speed.
A fun session on what started out as a desolate stretch of beach, that is until the throngs of beach tourist started arriving. Cant blame them they came for the sunny warm weather on their day off.
Two hours of TT riding with some of the biggest boosts to date and then got out the new directional board and rode it with the straps on. Wanted to get the feel for it  - couldn't switch feet so I had to toeside and heelside only. I enjoyed the ride, although I played it conservatively. It's gonna take some practice to get the necessary skills. And I must admit I love my TT...

TOW:    12:30 - 3:30 
Gear:   11m 140 Mako and  the Duke directional board with straps
Water Conditions:  Small 1-2 footers with smooth waves on the inside
Weather:  80s Sunny Classic Southwest windy day
Wind:  12-25 SW
Highlight:    Biggest boosts to date and direction board riding with straps

No comments: