Thursday, April 2, 2015

Day 22 of the 2015 season: Home Kiteboarding opener for the 2015 water season


 

Thought I would try my luck at Metro Beach this afternoon. Once the rain stopped and the radar showed fewer storms in the area I headed out. Reports from the beach indicated up/down conditions.
Forecast still had some storms with possible lightning in the area.
Rigged up during a dry period, launched and I headed out at 3:30. Kited conservatively for about 45 minutes and then thicker clouds with mist and then rain came in killing the winds.

Not bad, got an hour on the water for the first time since the Keys in late January. I was glad it was only an hour with the coldness. I'm feeling it today with stiffness. A little different then snow kiting for sure.
3 other guys out on 12-15 M kites.

Ugly day - hard to get motivated on days like this


TOW: 1 hour from 3:30 - 4:30
Gear:    11 Meter Kite
Water Conditions: Typical Metro Beach LSC conditions
Weather:  49 degrees, thin overcast to thicker overcast with rain at the end.
Wind: 15-25 from the SSW
Schooled:   Just getting out and getting the sea legs back

MB wind data 4-2-15

No comments: