Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Day 21 of the 2014 season: First Hot Day of the season - Dooming kept the wind up high, but WOW, what a session!


Flying my 9 meter Z
Good session, really getting the feel for the 140 Mako board, upwind, ollies, toeside and carving on a wave face. Real fun and learning more every time I go out.
Heavy wind up high due to the colder water verses warm air temperature, dooming effect.
9 meter worked perfectly up high little lite down low and as long as I didn't drop it I was alright. Which I did toward the end of session and not enough wind to relaunch. Drifting toward the rocks I had to QR and wrap it up in the water. No harm done.


Highlight of the day:  Really loving 
Craig and Tom
the new Mako 140 
TOW:   1.5 hour 1:30-3:00
Gear: 9.0 meter Z kite and 140 Mako
Conditions:  Some organized swell and normal LSC chop
Weather:  Sunny 80s, water 70s
Wind:   SE to an estimated 30 up high - lite wind down low.
Schooled:  Really loving the new Mako 140, doing ollies,
carve turns, toeside carve turns down swell faces. Even did
 a toe to heel ollie.
Image:  Storm ending session

Storm that ended todays fun

No comments: