Thursday, April 11, 2013

OBX Day 3 - Back to Salvo

 
 
4/11/13 Thursday Salvo, NC

After missing a 5.0 day on Wednesday due to a recent shoulder injury I was back at it with some pain but sailing was doable.
 
Back to Salvo launch site today, this uncrowded site offers a grassy rigging area 60 yards from the beach.
 
Again typical Hatteras it started out lite at 1:00 so I rigged the kite and practiced actual riding. I got several good tacks going out, felt good with good upwind mobility. The tacks heading in for some reason I couldn't keep upwind enough and eventually had to do "the walk" when wind became to much for me to handle

By 4:00 I rigged the 5.0 with the 101 RRD and enjoyed near perfect 5.0 flat water conditions 1.5 hours of sunny warm steady winds. Completed 50% of the downwind 360s I attempted that's about  average.

Called it a day at 5:30 after wind let up a tad plus playing it conservatively due to injury.
Mick 5.5, Dean 4.8 and  Tom 5.0 - 100% planning all day.

Sail Time: 2.0 hours from 2:00 - 4:00
Gear: 5.5 with the 101 liter board
Conditions: Classic Hatters OBX
Weather: Air 70s water 70s.
Wind: South winds maximum of 15-25
Schooled: Worked at the downwind 360 and slicing and dicing small chop
Images: Shallow Flat Water Paradise and local wind data for the day.
Video: NA
 
  

No comments: