Sunday, October 28, 2012

Compliments of Sandy

Milner Beach 10/28/12

Decided not to head up to Lexington with gusting north winds at 40+ and air temps in the low 40s.
It 's way to cold for me to even consider windsurfing but the temptation was there.
Got some help from Keith and Dave as Keith was all gung-ho to sail.  We met up at Milner Beach and Keith rigged and I watched him go out and figured if he can survive I could.
I was hesitant but since I had someone to sail with I'll give it a try.
Rigged the 4.5, 85 liter combo and headed out to fluky overpowered one second and then to lite the next second.
Winds were flopping between north and northwest slightly off shore and it made for fluky conditions on the inside.
Dave showed up and ended up on his 5.5 and Bic Astro Rock.
Overall not my type of day, to cold with fluky winds and shallow fin scrapping water  levels.
Keith made the best of it with a decent session for him on his 5.5


Sail Time: 1.0 hour from 3:00 - 4:30
Gear: 4.5 85 liter board
Conditions: Fluky 4.5 conditions some decent swell  with a lot of confused swell
Weather: Air lower 40s water lower 50s.
Wind:  NNW gusty winds maximum of 10-35
Schooled: Survival sailing

No comments: