Thursday, December 10, 2015

Day 91 of the 2015 season: El Niño day 2 in December - Kiting at Metro Beach with a 12M Naish Park


Almost a CC of yesterday.
Second el Niño day in December, definitely a first for my Michigan Waterman career.
Took out the 12M Naish Park a medium aspect Naish kite.
Although this kite had more power when diving it - perfect for high powered carving. It moves fast for a 12M kite creating more power then the Rally.  Impressed with the very light bar pressure.
It seemed under powered the whole time I was out. Definitely at its lower limit - but still I was impressed with the power it generated on the down strokes. Craig on his 12 said he had plenty of wind and actually used some depower on his up wind runs.
Still not what I'm looking for. It's a big wingspan kite and hard to flip it over on land or water. Almost the same wingspan as the Rally but with more depth to it. Need to test it some more before I can make the final judgement.


Gear:  12M Naish Park Kite and TT 140 Mako board
TOW:  3:15 - 5:00
Water Conditions:   Barely a white cap winds south up to 22mph
Weather:  Partly sunny near 50 degrees
Wind:  SSW aloft - barely a white cap
Highlights: Bought a rope spreader bar and loved it  - I need to shorten the rope quite a bit so I can depower the bar all the way and still hold onto it.


2015 Naish Park Kite

No comments: