Monday, August 31, 2015

Day 63 of the 2015 season: Esch Beach again - New Kite

Another Esch Beach day - Practically the only spot near me where you find less people and a wide enough beach to launch a kite.
A decent day since it's been a week of no kiting and I was very anxious to try out the new kite.
Winds were fluky on the inside and gusty outside. I went from fully depowered to no depower mode throughout the session.
The Rally seems to have a better lower end then my Z, it seems to rotate slower. It seemed alright in the fully depowered mode with the higher winds which I would guess was up to 28 MPH.  Self launching it was the same as my Z. Lofting seemed similar but chop hopping, I definitely see more power there.
One thing I didn't like was when the kite was at 12 o'clock it wanted to overfly. My Z didn't do that even in fluky wind. Might of been the conditions near the shore since the winds were side shore toward the end of the session. Brian suggest a different setting on the outside lines. I was set at the middle knot he suggest last knot down.
Overall I feel it wasn't optimal conditions for comparison to my Z. So waiting a better day.....




New 2015 11M Slingshot Rally Kite



TOW:  4:30 - 6:00
Gear:  TT 140 Mako board and new 11M Rally
Water Conditions:  Small waves water temperature upper 60s
Weather: Bluebird day, near 80 degrees
Wind: gusty SW-S to 28 at best
Highlight: New kite
Schooled: Learning the new Rally kite

No comments: